Print, copy, scan. They’re natural parts of our office life. It’s hard to remember a time when these tasks took more effort than a few clicks of a button, or how far the quality has come.
We are proud to be the company that pioneered copying, laser printing, and print on demand, and now we’re shaking things up again with the launch of the industry’s only production press that goes beyond CMYK by combining four-color printing with up to two specialty dry inks – gold, silver and clear – all in a single pass.
The new Xerox Iridesse Production Press is breaking down the barriers of what people previously thought a production press could do, creating new levels of expectation around everything from iridescent special effects and simplified workflows to quicker turnaround times and improved economics.
For our channel partners, this news presents a huge opportunity. Iridesse brings both a wow factor no other printer can match and unmatched business benefits, enabling partners to offer customers a press that can help them deliver a better product faster, in less time and at a lower cost.
How a new press is spelling new possibilities in printing – and new opportunities for Xerox channel partners.
A Breakthrough in Speed, Automation, Color, and Quality
Iridesse is truly able to do things no other press can do. It simplifies workflows by eliminating the need for multiple presses and processes, which are typically required for print embellishments. In doing so, it creates an opportunity for both greater capacity and greater profits. According to Keypoint Intelligence-InfoTrends, digital print enhancement can result in a rapid return on investment as print service providers’ profit margins on such embellishments can be as high as 50 to 400 percent.
“Iridesse’s one-pass capability, workflow automation for incorporating metallics and varnishes combined with run-time quality control technology is a differentiator for Xerox and can give print providers a competitive advantage,” said Ron Gilboa, group director, Production Technology, Keypoint Intelligence-InfoTrends.
With two inline specialty dry ink stations, customers can create lucrative applications with spot colors, metallic and mixed metallic gradients, and specialty enhancements. Gold and silver dry metallic inks can be used on their own or layered under or over CMYK to create unique iridescent palettes. A layer of clear dry ink can be added for an extra touch of dimension or texture.
It is truly a breakthrough in so many ways. Take a look:
No Designer, No Problem
Xerox FreeFlow® Core’s pre-built workflows enable print providers to automatically and selectively transform text and graphics for printing gold and silver without editing the source documents. This simplifies enhancing existing applications with high-value embellishments.
Printing at speeds up to 120 pages per minute, the press can run stocks from 52 -400 gsm. Additional press features include:
- The High Definition Emulsion Aggregate (HD EA) Toner process results in the optimal particle size to deliver lower gloss, smooth tints, and fine detail more consistently.
- The Xerox EX-P 6 Print Server by Fiery® enables customers to create customized workflows for metallic applications with advanced RIP capabilities and color management tools.
- Two Dual Advanced High Capacity Feeders, Bypass, and Inserter options let customers run up to eight different stocks in a single job or do production runs with a total of 12,500 sheets.
- A variety of finishing options are available including the new Xerox Crease and Two-sided Trimmer, which creates a durable crease fold and gives booklets a premium quality edge when used with the Xerox Production Ready Booklet Maker Finisher and Xerox SquareFold Trimmer Modules.
Delivering Growth for Partners and Customers Alike
The Xerox Iridesse Production Press helps a variety of businesses work better, which ultimately spells growth for both customers and channel partners.
- Commercial Printers: Iridesse offers commercial printers new levels of automation, enabling them to bring in more diverse, higher-value jobs, which increase both their volume and profitability – two things most printers strive for with every decision they make.
- In-Plant Printers: With its potential to simplify workflows, and its ability to give printers the chance to offer a better and more diverse quality of print, the Iridesse actually has the potential to help in-plant printers keep more jobs – and more dollars – within their walls.
- Marketers: With print marketing making a comeback in 2018, the quality of a business’s printed marketing materials is more important than ever before. The Iridesse can create stunning, highly embellished, personalized print materials that will help make your marketing customers a legitimate player in omni-channel campaigns.
- Designers: The Iridesse truly bring the “wow” factor to digital printing, reviving design possibilities that timelines and budgets would normally be impossible with another press.
Contact your Xerox representative today for information on this groundbreaking press, and what it can do for your customers.
Share this on Twitter!
Tweet: How the Xerox Iridesse Production Press is a Breakthrough in Speed, Quality, Automation – and Opportunity: https://ctt.ec/ylJoI+ via @XeroxPartners
Become a Xerox Channel Partner
Ready to become a Xerox Channel Partner? Contact your Xerox account manager or review the Xerox Global Partner Program and apply to become a Xerox channel partner today to find out how we will help grow your business.
Join our Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Community
Looking for more marketing tips and insights from Xerox Agents, Concessionaires, and Document Technology partners from across the globe? Join our private Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Group.