To hit quota or not hit quota… Yes, the harsh reality as a major account copier rep boils down to this question… Did you hit quota?
As dealerships approach the end of their fiscal year, dealer principals along with executive management start thinking about the next year. One of the key parameters discussed are the sales quotas assigned to sales their sales reps.
No one is going to buy from you because you have a quota to meet. They need to see value.-Bob Burg via @Larry1Levine
The percentage of major account copier reps who reach or overachieve their set quota can be considered established measures of sales effectiveness. Conversely, it is common knowledge the percentage of major account copier reps who do not reach their set quota indicates room for improvement, which brings me to this…
How many major account copier reps would crush quota if they focused on increasing their business development activities and stopped spending so much time managing their lease end activities?
The 800 pound sales gorilla has awoken! It is time for major account copier reps to lead the way, set the example and become business leaders inside your dealership.
The External Observer View
Having walked a day in the life of a major account copier rep, I get it. I know how hard you all work. Heck, managing lease ends is exhausting work. Failure to meet and exceed quota boils down to one thing and one thing only – inadequate efforts from you.
According to the CSO Insights 2015 Sales Compensation and Performance Management Study, only 54.6 percent of sales professionals produce enough revenue to meet quota.
Inadequate efforts equate to a lack of focus and consistency around one word…Prospecting. I ask you all to think about the following…
How would you crush quota in 2017 if 50% of your base decides to keep their current equipment as opposed to upgrading?
“The brutal fact is the number one reason for failure in sales is an empty pipe and the root cause of an empty pipeline is the failure to consistently prospect”-Jeb Blount
Always be Developing Your Pipeline
Major account copier reps must integrate the use of social to nurture, grow and facilitate crushing their sales quotas. The following 7 steps I integrated to go from ZERO to $1.3 Million in sales as a major account copier rep in a net new major account position.
Learn how to develop your business plan here at the Major Account Sales Workshop.
7 Social Steps I Used to Crush Quota as a Major Account Copier Rep
I came to work every day in a business suit and tie. I made a commitment to myself my LinkedIn profile would look just the same as this would help facilitate my social business development.
- I crafted and curated educational content. This isn’t difficult… but for some it is uncomfortable and even a bit advanced…. it took some time but what educational moments.
- I shared the content with my social network to help kick start conversations. Sharing content isn’t difficult. Part of what we must do as a major account copier reps is to continually educate our clients and prospects.
- I became a frequent visitor of who viewed my profile. The free version of LinkedIn gives you only 5 profile views. There is a high probability of missing some extremely important buyer views. This is a very big reason to have Premium (watch out for upcoming LinkedIn desktop changes as well as plans very soon). Furthermore, I’d encourage Sales Navigator as the right sales investment social tool for intelligently prospecting.
- I converted these viewers to 1st level connections through personal invitations to connect. However, attempting to convert too early can be risky. I’d recommend following them on LinkedIn or saving them as a lead in Sales Navigator to then build further credibility and trust. A connection from a sales rep can be confronting if it’s done too early.
- I reviewed the content engagement section for comments to my posts leading to further conversations. Another great tip, I’d say which is equally important is finding your prospects that are sharing their own content which is personal to them and their engagements.
- I mined my network by reviewing 2nd level connections and then asking for help from the people who knew me very well, my current clients. Equally important as well are the TEAM benefits of everyone’s collective network by being digitally connected especially inside major accounts.
- I turned my online conversations to offline meetings. It all starts with making this a daily habit. Nothing happens until you make the commitment to drive change in your life.
Social is Part of Major Account Selling
According to PleinAireStrategies, The number one reason why reps were not meeting their numbers was, “Their inability to provide insight into a buyer, adding value and starting relevant conversations.”
How are you as a major account copier rep opening up new conversations? Integrating the 7 steps I used to help crush quota will facilitate how you capture the attention of new prospects, how you drive conversation, how you collaborate, how you connect and most importantly… how you convert to drive more sales revenue.
I challenge and encourage all major account copier reps to let go of the 800 pound sales gorilla in 2017. Become the sales leaders and chart the course for others to follow.
I get where you are coming from. I walked a day in the life of a major account copier rep.
In 2016, Larry was recognized by ENX Magazine, “The Difference Maker” as someone who is making a difference inside the copier channel. Larry is passionate about helping sales reps succeed in creating their online brand image.
If you would like some inspiration I welcome the conversation or send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Contact your Xerox account manager, or review the Xerox Global Partner Program and apply to become a Xerox channel partner today, to find out how we will help grow your business.
Join our Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn community
Looking for more marketing tips and insights from Xerox Agents, Concessionaires, and Document Technology partners from across the globe? Join our private Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Group to connect and discuss topics like these with your peers.
Become a Xerox Channel Partner
Register to access the Partner Portal and find out more about joining the Xerox Global Partner Program.
Subscribe to the Channel Partner Connection and receive email updates when we publish a new article.[wysija_form id=”1″]