Every customer loves to find easier and less expensive ways to get the job done, and channel partners are the ones who make that happen.
Many channel partners are reporting that their small and medium-sized business customers are coping with a growing challenge as the Internet of Things increasingly connects them with customers and colleagues around the world: the need to translate critical documents. It’s a costly process that is opening the door to new sales opportunities for channel partners.
Customers who are currently paying per word for translation services can spend between $500 and $600 to translate a 2000 word document. Paying per page can run about $100 per page. For customers who need to translate a 50-page document – say, a contract or a medical record – those costs can add up quickly, and the process is often slow, costing time as well as money.
It can be tempting for customers to turn to free resources to get the job done, but that can be less efficient in the long run. In this post we’ll help you start a conversation with your customers on the benefits, drawbacks and cost associated with two easy to use, easy to access translation applications available today: Google Translate and Xerox® Easy Translator Service.
Google Translate is a free multilingual machine translation service developed by Google, to translate text from one language into another.
Advantages of Google Translate:
- Accessible 24/7
- Fast – provides translation in just a few seconds.
- Supports over 100 languages at various levels
- Google Translate is NOT confidential. Very few customers realize that Google stores everything that is submitted for translation. In fact, federal guidelines prevent many businesses from using Google Translate because the information is transferred over public lines – and not every customer is aware of the regulations regarding its use.
- Google Translate offers you a rough translation based on suggested text it discovers online. This means there is a good chance that customers are going to receive incorrect content versus the exact translation they need.Because there is no accuracy check to ensure precise translation or to account for language specific to your vertical, customers can never be sure that the translation they’re receiving – and sending along to clients, vendors or other businesses – is completely reliable.
Xerox® Easy Translator Service is a comprehensive suite of cloud translation services that are ideal for medium-sized businesses that have the need to translate documents. You can choose from an Express or a Professional translation.
Advantages of Xerox® Easy Translator Service
- Provides a choice of instant machine translation or access to full-service human translation right from your MFP – accessible 24/7
- Translates into more than 50 languages
- Creates editable files in a choice of input formats: paper/MFP, phone, PC. Customers can even translate full presentations while retaining their original formatting
- Expert level human translation service guarantees high-quality translation of even the most complex texts and complicated terminology
- Less labor-intensive and more scalable than traditional translation services
- Though the app resides on Xerox ConnectKey® Technology enables devices, it can print to any MFP, including non-Xerox devices
Xerox® Easy Translator Service is owned and operated by ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. and its suppliers. ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. is a Xerox® Trademark Licensee. Xerox® is a trademark of the Xerox Corporation, used under license.
Find out how partners just like you are helping customers use Easy Translate in their businesses by joining our private LinkedIn Channel Partner group today.
Become a Xerox Channel Partner
Contact your Xerox account manager, or review the Xerox Global Partner Program and apply to become a Xerox channel partner today, to find out how we will help grow your business.