We live in an age where we can send invoices, pay vendors, order office supplies, check in for our flight, and even post and share our keynote speech from virtually anywhere in the world, with just a few taps on our smartphone or tablet.
The same innovative technology that makes these feats possible continues to evolve, and today it is bringing us a wealth of new apps with their own game changing – business changing – potential.
Inside the Xerox App Gallery
The Xerox App Gallery offers a wealth of app technology designed to streamline common business processes, resolve challenges, and improve the way your customers work. As their businesses grow, the Xerox App Gallery allows their Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology-enabled devices to grow right along with them. The gallery features both Xerox apps and those from third-party developers, like our channel partners.
Customers can do everything from scan and convert paper into necessary formats; translate documents via MFP or PC; and even share patient information securely with options like the healthcare app. The Xerox App Gallery is accessible, easy to use, and rich in possibilities for every type of customer, from those who work on the go and leverage the Cloud, to those with traditional 9-5 offices who store their data in-house.
Succeeding with Apps
The ability to create custom apps to meet their customer’s specific business needs has presented a huge opportunity for channel partners to differentiate themselves in a competitive market, and to position themselves as knowledgeable, trusted advisors. In the words of Pete Peterson, President, Xerox Channels, “The emergence of apps that expand the role of multifunction printers (MFPs) in the workplace presents a fresh opportunity for IT-focused resellers. By applying their IT expertise to developing apps that differentiate their print offerings, they can bring new value to the digital transformation of their customers’ businesses and new revenue streams to their own.”
Partners like Foxway, RDT Office Solutions Group Ltd, and Just Tech have driven significant growth for their businesses by taking advantage of the Personalized Application Builder (PAB) from Xerox. The PAB program helps partners take their app ideas from vision to reality by providing tools, training and marketing resources to create personalized solutions for everything from office and managed print services (MPS) to production. App creation through PAB helps customers work better and helps partners generate new revenue by selling their app in the Xerox App Gallery.
The Updated App Gallery: A New Generation of Business Transforming Apps
Xerox’s portfolio of ConnectKey®-enabled devices is hugely popular with partners, customers, and experts alike. The latest enhancements mark a new chapter in their mission to disrupt the status quo and innovate the way we work.
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: access Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system right at the device; upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: securely transforms hardcopy documents into audio files allowing commuters, multitaskers, or audio enthusiasts to listen on the go instead of reading.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online: offers a hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is extracted into an expense report and submitted with notifications sent to reviewers for timely approval. For Concur users, a similar receipt management app will be available by year’s end.
- Xerox Forms Manager App: simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox Quick Link App: enables a fast start to printing without IT support. This intuitive app sends an email directly from the device containing appropriate links to install and connects computers or mobile devices with the drivers and configuration settings.
Innovators never rest. Here’s how Xerox is enhancing its award-winning ConnectKey portfolio with a wealth of new value-packed apps
Going Vertical: Apps in the Classroom
Using insights gained from working with thousands of education customers, Xerox is also planning to release apps and solutions aimed directly at educators and students, enabling partners to start a conversation specific to this large vertical market. Look for the following apps to become available in the months ahead:
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: provides access to an industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitized and stored into their Blackboard Learn account from the MFP.
- Xerox Connect App for Remark Test Grading: simplifies grading of bubble tests with the ability to print answer sheets, scan completed sheets back in for automated grading, and email students their grades or print the results right at the device.
- Xerox Proofreader Service: checks for writing elements in the English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
- Xerox and SRC Inc.’s Gateway Capture to Student Information System: streamlines digitizing student records into mandatory K-12 information systems.
Save the Date
Xerox’s newest ConnectKey-enabled apps will be added to the Xerox App Gallery between Q4 2018 and Q1 2019. Subscribe to the Channel Connection blog to stay abreast of these releases as they happen, and join our Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Group exclusive to channel partners, to find out how partners like yourself are growing their business with ConnectKey®-devices and apps.
Become a Xerox Channel Partner
Ready to become a Xerox Channel Partner? Contact your Xerox account manager or review the Xerox Global Partner Program and apply to become a Xerox channel partner today to find out how we will help grow your business.
Join our Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Community
Looking for more marketing tips and insights from Xerox Agents, Concessionaires, and Document Technology partners from across the globe? Join our private Xerox Channel Partners LinkedIn Group.